Established inside Bear Stearns in 2005, and spun out of JPMorgan in 2009, Primary Insight is a best-in-breed, leading primary source research firm headquartered in New York City. We are recognized pioneers in the industry with the most experienced executive management team and a global leading provider of facilitating direct access for Institutional Investors to a diverse and highly targeted base of experts across all industry sectors and regions.
The Service: PI offers a range of subscription products and services including: Private One-on-One Phone Consultations, Live Meetings, InsightOnsite Research Trips and Guest Speaker Series.
Global Reach: Actively engaged in delivering premium industry contacts to top tier buy-side clients across North America, South America, UK, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Primary Insight continues to develop its reach across emerging global markets.
The PI Difference: PI emphasizes the delivery of fresh, non-commoditized experts who have had limited exposure to the investor community. And, rather than strictly relying on lists of experts from a pre-existing database, we actively engage in selective recruitment of new experts for each client request specific to our client’s key questions. More than 60% of our experts have only spoken to ONE Client.
Client Compliance Portal Technology: We have built a First-In-Class Client Portal (“CP”) technology, designed for investors by investors. The CP includes the most compliant features that allow our clients to protect themselves by providing a global-view of all firm activities.
Current Open Positions
Institutional Sales Opening
About the job
The role of this position is to accelerate sales to expand the firm’s user base and offerings mainly in the US but also globally including but not limited to Europe, Asia and Australia. This person will be responsible for driving business development within our target client base of Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Venture Capital, Corporations, Consultancies and Investment Banks and will ultimately be responsible for building and managing Primary Insight’s Sales Team.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial and wants to build a business with a best-in-class management team. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to grow the department and run their own team.
The candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer and work closely with other members of senior management. They need to be able to thrive in a fast paced, energetic and rapidly shifting environment. We are looking for someone who is passionate, smart and disciplined and knows how to build and grow a book of business.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but Are Not Limited To)
- Drive Commercial Success: The successful candidate will leverage his/her own professional network to build new relationships at operating companies and engage at a granular level with industry executives on topics of critical importance to their businesses. The candidate will meet with senior level prospects and clients regularly to articulate the firm’s value proposition, especially with respect to new technologies and product development, sales and marketing practices, end-market intelligence and other relevant topics.
- Strategic Vision and Product Expansion: The successful candidate will continually enhance customer targeting, segmentation and outreach while refining the firm’s value proposition across various segments. The candidate will further develop the firm’s service offering and explore opportunities for new product and channel development. This person will continually assess industry trends, the marketplace, competitive behaviors, customer preferences, and best practices.
- Team Building and Collaborative Learning: The candidate will engage regularly with sales, account management and research colleagues to co-develop client-specific value propositions, communicate industry-specific insights across the team, and provide mentorship to teammates as they develop. The candidate will help to recruit market-leading talent to the firm, develop those professionals through teaching in the apprenticeship model, and retain those individuals through meaningful professional experiences.
An Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably at leading information or professional services firm
- Desire to drive a new sales process and rapidly grow market share
- Executive presence, the ability to interact with senior professionals
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism
Send a resume and cover letter indicating the desired position to firstname.lastname@example.org.